Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Catching up...

I keep meaning to update on things going on out here, and it's been 2 weeks since I've had those intentions! So here's a quick little update...

Father's Day was a little hectic for us. I'd planned on fixing a big Sunday lunch for Tate, my Dad and for Tate's Dad. But Sterling (Tate's Dad) ended up going into the hospital for stomach pains that he had been struggling with since we got back from San Antonio. He ended up having emergency surgery because of perforated diverticulitis (basically his colon burst and his abdominal cavity was filling up with infected pus!). He has had a hard time recovering and is still in the hospital, but we're hoping he'll get to leave this week. He is still very weak and dealing with pain, so keep him in your prayers!

Here is one picture of my Dad, Truett the 3rd, little Truett and Tate before lunch on Fathers Day.

We've also started potty training Truett...................Let's just say we've had some great moments, some pretty strange moments and some really hard moments as well. The hard moments are more because he's 3, and that explains a lot. The great moments are just wonderful, when the whole family is dancing, singing and clapping because of poop! I never knew the training would be so hard on the parent, so I am very thankful that the Lord gives us a new day with new strength!


And here is my super-duper pooper! Thankfully he's not old enough to get mad at me yet for posting this picture, but it's just too cute.

So that's all for now, I'll post more after I catch up on some rest!

0 comments: