Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Everyday Life

Well, here's just a short little update with things going on in the Ellison home...still a lot of eating, pooping and not too much sleep. We're trying very hard to get Liam on a good 3 hour schedule, but he has his own opinions about that. He's doing better at night... except last night. :) But it's all a joy, even at 10, 12, 2, 4 and 6 in the morning to see his sweet little face. He's starting to focus a little better and smile as well, which of course melts our hearts.

Truett is doing a lot better adjusting. I love how much he loves Liam and how much he wants to be around him. I'm so excited to see how their relationship will grow and what kind of brothers they'll be.

Tate and I are doing good, enjoying his time off. He has over a month left of time off, so were trying to make the most of it.

Here are a few pictures of what's been going on lately.


Truett painted intently for over an hour, and produced a beautiful watercolor painting! I think he might have talent!


Morning cuddle time...my favorite!


Daddy's cuddle time

Truett's first day of school last year...he's so tiny and still a baby! I can't believe he's grown so much in just a year!

Truett's first day of school as a 3 year old! My sweet little boy is getting too big!

Of course Mommy had to get a picture with her big preschooler!

I can't believe it's almost been a month since Liam was born, and at times it makes me sad. But I love where we are now, getting into a groove as a family and feeling more comfortable as a family of four. Sometimes I start to feel overwhelmed and like I can't possibly do what's ahead of me, but faithfully my Lord breathes His peace on me, and I can see again. And what's beautiful is this doesn't just happen once, but He continues to do it multiple times a day, taking my hands and reassuring me.


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you whereever you go." Joshua 1:9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! Truett's got some serious talent!

Are those new trees I see in the front yard? I like the pots and lattice work on the porch! Lookin good!

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Sorry I have been such a crummy friend. I always think about calling at the worst times! I have been thinking about you. We need to get together and catch up. Tabitha will be here in about 2 1/2 weeks or so! You look great! Call me if you are in town sometime.

the murphy's said...

I love the pics! Yall are a precious family. By the way I know exactly what you mean when you talk about how God gives you peace. I find myself talking to Him often throughout the day. He is so good and faithful.Hope to see you soon !