Monday, December 15, 2008

Can I flunk "blogging"?

Okay, I can't stand it anymore...I haven't blogged in 3 weeks! I go through the day thinking I'll get to blog when the boys go down for a nap and something always comes up. There is no way I can catch up for the last 3 weeks, so I'll just start new from today.

Tate was able to come home this weekend, and what a relief! Truett was about to come out of his skin he needed his Daddy so much. It's so interesting to me how little kids express their anger or sadness. Truett has been having a lot of stomach pains the last couple of months. I've been concerned it's something serious like ulcers, celiac disease....but last night after Tate left for another week in Ft. Worth, Truett said he can't eat. When I asked why, he said because his tummy hurt becacuse it was crying because it missed Daddy. I pray that is all it is. I also pray God can give me the words to help Truett get through this time. After he said that, his Poppa came over and they watched football, and Truett felt better. :) I can't believe it starts so early! While we were eating dinner, he said to Poppa that he wanted to play football and be a "giant" and Poppa could be a "cowboy", but that he would win, not Poppa. I have a feeling there will be a lot of sports in my future. :)

Another cute thing...this week we've all had colds or something like that. One night about 3 in the morning, I heard Truett screaming from his bedroom. I ran in there expecting vomit on the walls or something equally as bad. When I got to the side of his bed, his little head was face down in his bed. I asked him what's wrong, and he looked up at me with big, round, questioning eyes and said, "my nose doesn't work"! I asked him if he wanted to blow his nose, trying not to laugh, and he said again, " I can't because my nose doesn't work".

Despite always being tired with a baby who won't sleep through the night and won't take a bottle so I can have a little break, I love being a mommy to two boys. I love to see Truett learn about the little excitements in life and how he expresses his understanding of them. And I love watching Liam become more social everyday.

Some of you may know who the Duggar family is. They are a sweet Christian family in Arkansas who have 17 children and have another on the way. When I first heard about them, I, like most everyone else thought " are they INSANE??" But after reading their book, and watching the documentaries on their family, I have a lot of respect and admiration for them. What I love most, is that they ENJOY their children. They have left how many children they are to have up to God, and they trust Him in providing for them. And He has. But on days when I think, "Lord, I can't do this!" Whether it's Truett throwing a nasty fit, disobeying or sassing me, or Liam not sleeping again, or wanting to nurse only 2 hours after he last nursed, I remind myself of the Duggars. Not that they are super-human and can do it all, but in the midst of the craziness in their home, they are thankful for the gifts that are their children. I don't want 18 kids, but I am thankful for the ones I have and for the ones that are to come. Now if only I can learn to correct without raising my voice....


2 comments:

the murphy's said...

So good to hear whats been going on with yall. I missed not seeing you Sunday. Hope you have a great week. I love the pic!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

What cute kids! That was cute about his nose not working! Did you know the Duggars had number 18- yesterday!!!!!??!!!! Amazing! I dropped by off of the Blessings blog! Like your blog!