Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

I guess it's time to update on our Christmas. One of my dear friends told me to get busy...my husband has Christmas pictures up on his Facebook, and I don't have any on my blog. I guess she's right.

We had a great Christmas, it just came and went too quickly! I love the season, the anticipation and the time with family. I wish the weather felt more like Christmas and winter, some snow would help!

Christmas Eve we went to eat at Jason's Deli with my parents and Tate's parents. Tate couldn't be there, he was still at work. He hit a dog that morning and it crunched in the front of his car. What a great Christmas gift! So he met us at the Christmas Eve service at church. I absolutely love our Christmas Eve services, the music is always powerful and I'm a sucker for the candle-light service. I get weepy every time. After the service, my parents and us went to look at Christmas lights. It's so fun to get to do that with Truett, as everything is beautiful and magical at his age. Once we got home and got the boys to bed, we got to play santa and put the gifts out and stuff the stockings. I say "we", but what I mean is "me". Tate wasn't that excited about it.

Christmas morning we spent with my parents. They came over for our traditional Christmas breakfast of egg and sausage casserole with sparkling grape juice. Yummy! I was disapointed none of my siblings could come, but it was a very sweet morning with my parents. After lunch, we went over to Tate's parents. We had a good time playing a game and visiting.

Overall it was a great Christmas. The Lord spoke to my heart on a very hard issue to deal with at Christmas time. I'll share more later when I have some clarity on it.

Truett making sure Santa ate all his cookies and drank ALL the milk.

Oh the joy of a first bike! Truett vroomed all around our house. I can tell the chickens and geese better watch out in a few months!

Look at those cheeks!

Tate and Truett playing with the Lincoln Logs. How sweet they wanted to include Liam in the boy time!

Poppa and Mekah celebrating with us. Nice pants Dad!

My sweetest Christmas gift!

I'm not sure what Liam is so shocked about, but it's cute.

I have to say I have some really precious and cute boys.

Truett got a camera from Tate's parents. He took some "interesting" pictures.

After all the Christmas mayhem, and a day of blessings.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was waiting for you to update your blog! Looks like ya'll had a great Christmas. We did too. It seems like David enjoyed it even more this year! Which made it even better! Tami