Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How fast time flies

I can't believe it's already been 5 months since my little Liam charged into my world. He has been such a blessing, a joy and an amazement. I feel so blessed that even in those moments when he's screaming to be fed NOW, or not sleeping, or vomiting on me and the couch, I know that in a minute I know he'll be smiling and flirting with me.

A year ago I was still mourning the loss of our baby, and working through that loss but beginning to feel the joy of the life growing in me. I'm amazed how life can change in one year. Last year I was consumed with fear that I would lose this child as well. So as I try to do with every hard situation, I ask myself what I learned or what I think God was trying to teach me. And looking back it's pretty simple: FAITH. Such a simple word, so commonly overused. Did I trust that God had me and my baby in His hand? Did I have faith that He would restore what was lost? Did I trust Him that my pain would not last eternally? I have to admit that this past year my faith has been shaken and tested tremendously and I am still working to make sense of it all. But I know this: the little faith I did have was enough. Today I pray for more faith.

But on to Liam. Here are his 5 month pictures. They show a little progression of sitting up kind of tall to slowly falling over. (Thanks to my new Canon Rebel XSI, I could actually capture it!)



Looking good...

Starting to lean a little...

And a little more...


Is anyone gonna help me?

So here we try it again.

And I couldn't get a picture with out my first baby-love, Truett. Such a good big brother.

2 comments:

themac's said...

He is such a cutie and growing so fast! I love that you shared your journey, how amazing is the testimonies he gives us to share with others.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! God is good! Love the pictures and I know you love your new camera! Mine is great! I miss you!