Truett has been having a hard time lately with Tate being gone with work. He doesn't really know how to express that he misses Tate and is sad, so sometimes he just completely melts down.
Tonight, he had a total meltdown that lasted for about an hour. It's hard on me of course, because I don't really know how to handle it sometimes. But I hate it for Truett, if only he could understand the words I tell him. But after an exhausting battle, he crawled into his bed and just sobbed. My heart completely broke for him. I wanted to take his pain and confusion. I wanted to hold him and cover him in kisses, reasure him. We laid down and he finally let me hold him. He started to talk to me, and told me his heart gets sad when he acts like that. I told him that when he gets sad or mad at Daddy or me, he can tell Jesus, and Jesus will help his heart. Truett said "no, Jesus can't help me because he's not real down here, he lives up there (pointing to the sky). I said "sure he is, he lives in Mommy's heart, and he can live in your heart too!" I have told him this before and he usually argues with me or asks me how someone so big can live in his "wittle" heart. So I expected the same.
My sweet, tear-stained, tender little boy turned to face the wall and started talking softly. I leaned in and heard him say, "Jesus, please come down and be in my heart like in Mommys'. Thank you Jesus."
I can't keep from crying!
Oh Truett, You are my joy!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Tears
Posted by Abbye at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
how sweet! what a precious moment to hold to have.
Post a Comment