Saturday, March 7, 2009

Zoo Trip

This week Truett and I were finally able to go to the zoo. This is the first time we've gotten to do anything just the two of us since Liam was born, and it was a blast. Truett was in a great mood, enjoyed all the animals and even let me hold his hand! I always forget though, that the Abilene Zoo only takes about 30 minutes to walk through, not a few hours like the Ft. Worth Zoo. So we were done pretty quickly. But it was a much needed "date" for us both. He told me as we were leaving that the next time we come, I can bring Liam and Daddy if I want to.

Look how big he is! He's not my little baby boy anymore, but he's so handsome! Looks like his Daddy!

King of the mountain, and he was about to fight the "bad giants" in the zoo. I love being a mother of boys!

My favorite animal in the zoo.

Two peas in a pod. Snack time on the dock.

A little cheese in the smile, but adorable none the less.

This was how Truett dressed himself to go looking for "buhds". Oh, and he said he looked like Daddy. :)

And my sweet Liam. This is how he typically falls asleep, something on his head. Look how long he is! And I can't believe today he's 7 months old! I say this about every stage, but I LOVE this stage he's in. It's hard not to get sad that he keeps getting older, but he's such a fun baby!

2 comments:

themac's said...

What sweet pictures and what a sweet time for the two of you.!

the murphy's said...

I love the new pics! Truett is such a handsome little guy and the pic of Liam is just precious. You've got such sweet boys.