Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Truett's 4th Birthday!

My sweet Truett turned 4 yesterday. I can't believe again, that 4 years have gone by. These past 4 years have had their ups and downs, but by far have been the happiest of my life. I would never go back to my life without children.

Here are just a few things I adore about Truett:
-He has a very tender heart towards people, animals and all of God's creation.
-Everytime he passes a wildflower, he has to pick one for me.
-He is ALL BOY! 100% BOY!
-I love the little surprises I find in his pockets (rocks, sticks, dead bugs, snacks)
-I love that he prays to Jesus all through out the day, for big things like Daddy to be safe, and for the little things like for it to rain.
-I love that he protects me, his princess, from Daddy, the giant.
-I love that he acts shy, but he is SO completely not shy!
-I love the songs he makes up daily. They are usually a combination of 3 or 4 songs he already knows, with a few lines of his own. Like "Jesus loves a wretch like me over the hilltop up above the sky so high with lots of bugs in my pocket"... see? so cute!
-He gets lost in playing outside.
-He loves to cuddle.
-He calls himself a "wancher".
-He runs everywhere he goes out here.

I could go on, and on.

We had his birthday party on Saturday out here. He wanted a "Cowboy Backyardigans" party. I wasn't sure what that would look like, so we just had a hay "mountian" for the kiddos to climb on, corn for them to play in, lambs to look at, and lots of land for them to run on! It was a zoo out here, but so fun. The wind was gusting at about 35 miles an hour, so it didn't completely turn out like I planned, but it was a fun day.

Derek and Danial looking at the baby orphan lambs.

Webb, Kristi and Carson from our life group came out, even though it was so windy for little Carson!
Marco and Reyna (their spouses were elsewhere) from our life group!

Noah, David and Truett on the hay mountian.

David and Truett playing King of the Mountian!

Brandon and sweet little Mya on the hammock.


Cowboy Noah...giddy up!

The Solis Family, one of Truett's favorite little play friends, David.

The happy birthday boy.

We were so glad Truett's teachers from Mothers Day Out came, Ms. Joann and Ms. Dusti. They are part of the family!

Truett's "Cowboy Backyardigans" cake. It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but it tasted great!


All the kiddos wanted a piece of their favorite character.

Sterling and Sharon, Tate's parents.

Red velvet cake + blue icing = some really funky colored tongues.

Gift time!


Since yesterday was Truett's actual birthday, I made him a "birthday cinnamon roll", or as he calls it, a "big casserole".

Happy Birthday my love!

1 comments:

Noah's Mommy said...

We had so much fun at the party! Thank you for including us. Truett is getting so big, and your family is just precious!