My sweet friend Kathy, is expecting her second child. And as the Father would be so awesome, he's giving her a daughter!
I never thought I would want a daughter; too much drama, too much responsibility in shaping her precious self-image, too many dangers. What a load of bologna! When we found out we were having a girl, I was terrified! But the moment I laid eyes on my sweet baby girl, I understood. Girls are a different kind of gift! A daughter brings a whole other dimension of love and beauty to a family. Sophye is the sweetest surprise gift I never knew I always wanted!
So I was thrilled when Kathy found out she was having Selah! I know the joys that are coming her way, and I love that we were able to celebrate with her!
Our life group is somewhat rare, in that the ladies are big Twilight fans. I really think it's just an excuse for us to tap into our inner teenie-bopper. So of course we threw her a Breaking Dawn Baby Shower. Odd, yes. Weird, yes. But totally Kathy, yes!







0 comments:
Post a Comment