Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cousin Camp, Part 1

I am part of a very large family, the youngest of 6 kids...so there are lots and lots of cousins, some close and some far away. Usually every summer my two sisters who live in Nashville come to Texas to visit for a few weeks. We call this "cousin camp" for all obvious reasons, as when we are all together, there are 7 cousins or so. This summer they couldn't be here at the same time, so my oldest sister, Kellye, and her family came for a few days. It's really fun for Truett because Kellye's youngest, Chase, is only 4 days younger than Truett. Usually we just hang around the ranch, swim in the little tank, go fishing, play and talk. Here are some pictures of Cousin Camp Part 1.

Here are the kids (and Tate) playing in Mekah & Poppa's swim tank. Works pretty good in a pinch!


Trying to catch all the fish in the tank, lots of lost hooks and dried up chicken livers! Yummy!


Poppa, Truett and Chase catching those "huge" perch! I think Truett was more interested in throwing rocks!


Ooohhh, my scary shark! Or, maybe just a good ham, like his dad!



It's feeding time on the ranch, so all the kiddos load up in the pick-up to help Poppa feed. This is one of Truett's favorite things to do everyday.


This is my sister, Kellye and her husband Allen with all the kiddos.


Helping Poppa gather the chicken eggs, always fun for kids!

Well, that's all for this part of cousin camp, I'm hoping my other sister will get to come in the next week or so. She and her family are actually moving from Nashville to the Dallas area this month, so we're really excited about that!



2 comments:

themac's said...

Hey. I want to come to cousins camp! Can we come and play??
Looks like a blast.

Anonymous said...

I miss cousin camp!!! :) The "pool" and tank photos brought back some great memories!!!

I was just saying to Shane last night how I missed the farm.

It had just rained and I was saying how I loved it on the farm when you got a summer shower that ended just before sunset. You could feed the animals in the cool air and then smell the wet country farm while you slept with the windows open!!! I really do miss that!

We were also remembering the great Memorial Day we had with you and Tate...swimming in the tank, steaks and homemade ice cream! What fun!